October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

LETS TALK FOOTBALL

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LETS TALK FOOTBALL

Post by sportsnut on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 am

Finished 17-8 on the one of the wildest Saturday's in a while. Congrats to nuttin and Chit as their teams are right in the thick of the NC picture! I'll come out right now and admit that I'm a Notre Dame 'Hater' from way back!(Sorry nuttin)!

Now the tough part starts for Penn State. As they have to keep the probable Coach of the year Bill O'Brien(Just wild rumors, SO FAR); and then he has to convince all his current underclassmen to stay! Then he has to keep together his small but amazingly good class of recruits for next year! Even if if works out, which it's looking pretty good right now, next year's team will be very young! But with that all said, I REALLY enjoyed this season. What an effort and a show of loyalty and inspiration by this group of seniors! And what a way to finish yesterday! Very Happy

sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 am

Now the NFL for this Sunday! Going to be another tough week for my as they go to Cleveland to face the hated Browns! Talk about rivalries! Steelers are down to 3rd string QB 38 yr old, Charlie Batch! As you noticed it's time for the 'magic' of the old 'Terrible Towel'!

Get the 49ers/Saints in the 2nd game and of course the Packers/Giants tonight! Enjoy the games!
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 am

sportsnut wrote:Congrats to nuttin and Chit as their teams are right in the thick of the NC picture! I'll come out right now and admit that I'm a Notre Dame 'Hater' from way back!(Sorry nuttin)!

It s all good Bud, Gotta feeling Chit n Jos are right there with you !! affraid lol!

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 am

I get Broncos/Chiefs, Bears/ Vikings at 1 Suspect Sleep first row here I come !!

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 am

12 and 6 in my picks , how bout UCONN....... cheers .....congrats to PENN STATE , THE DUCKS , THE GATORS , GEORGIA, ALABAMA AND NOTRE DAME.....i enjoyed the entire day ..... Very Happy

Hey NUTTIN ?????? Which BULLDOZER do the IRISH want to meet up with on JAN. 7...... affraid affraid .....i'm hopeing it's the TIDE , i know GEORGIA is a great team, but i do think BAMA will be bit much for them to handle next week..........ROLL TIDE ROLL...... Very Happy
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:31 am

I'm ready for some pro ball ....lets get started already .....
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Ya know guys as much as i hate to say this ......The NCG on Jan. 7 should be between .......OHIO STATE and NOTRE DAME ...... I'm glad that a SEC team will get a shot at it but, N.D and OHIO ST. are the only two undefeated teams left standing!

OH NUTTIN, I'm not really a IRISH hater , IMO if you don't belong to a conference with a championship game , then you shouldn't get a shot at the title. Championship games are not only one more game to be played , they are one more chance at getting players hurt ......meanwhile a team sits at home resting and healing players because they don't have to play that game..... do you understand where i'm coming from? .......JMO
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Valid point Bud, we know it s all about the money with ND, they don t have to share their TV contract, gate, or bowl money.

I do wish we had one more game tho, it we lost, so be it, but as it is now they will be off 43 days, and the winner of the SEC CG 36. I doubt we will see either teams best football, Suspect

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Valid point Bud, we know it s all about the money with ND, they don t have to share their TV contract, gate, or bowl money.

I do wish we had one more game tho, it we lost, so be it, but as it is now they will be off 43 days, and the winner of the SEC CG 36. I doubt we will see either teams best football, Suspect

After the first couple of series both teams should get back to their selves.....but.....ya never know..... Suspect
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm guessing it will open with Bama (-14)
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Week 13 SU 7-5 ATS 5-7
YTD SU 125-43 ATS 76-81-1
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:12 pm

lstjr wrote:I'm guessing it will open with Bama (-14)
IF they beat Georgia!! affraid lol! I m guessing BAMA 10 1/2

BAMA opens -8 vs Georgia

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
lstjr wrote:I'm guessing it will open with Bama (-14)
IF they beat Georgia!! affraid lol! I m guessing BAMA 10 1/2

BAMA opens -8 vs Georgia
I think it's gonna start high then settle down and end up about 8-9, the spread isn't about how much Vegas thinks a team will win by it's about what will get the most bets placed.
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Oregon goes 11-1 gonna play in the Fiesta bowl vs Kansas St or Oklahoma not bad for a rebuilding year, I'm happy.
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:44 pm

upchitcreek wrote:Ya know guys as much as i hate to say this ......The NCG on Jan. 7 should be between .......OHIO STATE and NOTRE DAME ...... I'm glad that a SEC team will get a shot at it but, N.D and OHIO ST. are the only two undefeated teams left standing!

OH NUTTIN, I'm not really a IRISH hater , IMO if you don't belong to a conference with a championship game , then you shouldn't get a shot at the title. Championship games are not only one more game to be played , they are one more chance at getting players hurt ......meanwhile a team sits at home resting and healing players because they don't have to play that game..... do you understand where i'm coming from? .......JMO
Are you saying a team that doesn't play in and win their conference championship game shouldn't play for the national title? Very Happy
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:40 pm

College Conference CG s are another example of greed. A made for TV game for the money. The conferences declared a Champ by the regular season for years and it worked fine. So if someone gets hurt, blame the conferences, and their expansion ! Also they did just fine without the BCS when the Bowl Games decided who was the Champion. And the New Years Day games meant something.

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Consider yourself luckly if you didn't have to watch the Steelers game today! I've been watching the Steelers for 40 years; today might have been their worst performance! Can't win with 8 turnovers! Sad, very sad! Sad
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

sportsnut wrote:Consider yourself luckly if you didn't have to watch the Steelers game today! I've been watching the Steelers for 40 years; today might have been their worst performance! Can't win with 8 turnovers! Sad, very sad! Sad
Watched it on First Row, feeling you pain, bud Sad

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:College Conference CG s are another example of greed. A made for TV game for the money. The conferences declared a Champ by the regular season for years and it worked fine. So if someone gets hurt, blame the conferences, and their expansion ! Also they did just fine without the BCS when the Bowl Games decided who was the Champion. And the New Years Day games meant something.
What we need is a playoff! A real 16 team one, not the sham of the one we're getting. This still excludes the little guys! Why do you think everyone is scrambling to get in the best conference they can! But the almighty NCAA is way too stupid to actually do something right! Does it make sense to have these smaller bowls, many which cost the universities more money than the bowls payout! Seems to me there is more money to be made with a larger playoff, and the real problem is the power hungry university presidents, conference presidents, the bowls, and of course the all-knowing NCAA!
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:42 pm

GO Topping off this great Football weekend with a nitecap, and a Giants win !! Very Happy

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Looks like it's official Notre Dame VS the SEC Winner! In typical BCS confusion, it appears that Florida is in better position to get a BCS bowl than the loser of the SEC Championship! How is it possible that it's better to finish 2nd! Only in the BCS! The great part is that the winner of the MAC Championship has a real chance to go to a BCS bowl! GO KENT STATE GOLDEN FLASHES! lol! Famous alumni of Kent State include Jack Lambert and James Harrison! 2 Mean SOB's! affraid
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8675458/bcs-standings-notre-dame-sec-winner-play-title-top-9-unchanged
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

The new avatar is to keep me angry about the Steeler's loss! The Browns are really bad(only won by 6 when given 8 turnovers); so what does that make the Steelers! Evil or Very Mad
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 am

8-7 on the NFL picks yesterday! Not quite as good as last week! Rolling Eyes
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 am

11-4 SU 10-5 ATS Got the Panthers SU and - 2 1/2 tonite, but don t think I ll be glued to that one !! Suspect Sleep

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:13 pm

lstjr wrote:
upchitcreek wrote:Ya know guys as much as i hate to say this ......The NCG on Jan. 7 should be between .......OHIO STATE and NOTRE DAME ...... I'm glad that a SEC team will get a shot at it but, N.D and OHIO ST. are the only two undefeated teams left standing!

Are you saying a team that doesn't play in and win their conference championship game shouldn't play for the national title? Very Happy

YES, and to reply to NUTTIN , lots of split titles back then as well...one and two loss teams getting the title while there were still undefeated teams ...but now that every major conference has one , shouldnt everyone have to play in one?
I'm thinking it will work out better with a 4 to 6 team playoff system.
I also agree with SPORTS ,at least a playoff with the top 10 ......but we get what we get .....right?
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm

WAY back in the day, before the Presidents of the Universities The AD S, and the NCAA caved to BIG money, the conferences were small enough that everyone played everyone and determined the Conference Champion that way. No need for 2 divisions and CG games. Yes if after it all played out in the Bowls there were split titles, was that really so bad ??

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm

9 and 6 so far in my pro picks ......the SEAHAWKS , PACKERS and the STEELERS ......OMG all that came out of deep left field ........... affraid
Congrats to your GIANTS win NUTTIN.
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:WAY back in the day, before the Presidents of the Universities The AD S, and the NCAA caved to BIG money, the conferences were small enough that everyone played everyone and determined the Conference Champion that way. No need for 2 divisions and CG games. Yes if after it all played out in the Bowls there were split titles, was that really so bad ??

I remember those days well , and no it was fine back then and if it were still that way today, it would be fine, but times have changed and it should be fair to all, no matter what it is.
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah Bud guess your right about times changing.

However doesn t mean it s better, as Tim sang I miss back when

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNMnfbMMpQ Very Happy

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Alabama lost another great wide receiver in (BELL) saturday, he's got to have a rod placed in his leg .....his career may be over as a football player .... Crying or Very sad
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Yeah Bud guess your right about times changing.

However doesn t mean it s better, as Tim sang I miss back when

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNMnfbMMpQ Very Happy

GREAT SONG ........ Very Happy
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Well here's something for me to think about this weekend .....GEORGIA's defense will get to try and stop .....2 red shirt freshmen wide receivers , 1 freshman running back , 1 red shirt freshman running back , and a sophomore tight end.... and if ALABAMA wins and if no one get's hurt ......NOTRE DAME will see the same ...... affraid
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:49 pm

upchitcreek wrote:
lstjr wrote:

YES, and to reply to NUTTIN , lots of split titles back then as well...one and two loss teams getting the title while there were still undefeated teams ...but now that every major conference has one , shouldnt everyone have to play in one?
I also agree with SPORTS ,at least a playoff with the top 10 ......but we get what we get .....right?
As I recall and correct me if I'm wrong but Bama didn't play in the SECCCG last year, should they have turned down the invite to the BCSCG? I'm not saying they weren’t one of the best two teams but they didn't play in their CCG.
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm

upchitcreek wrote:Well here's something for me to think about this weekend .....GEORGIA's defense will get to try and stop .....2 red shirt freshmen wide receivers , 1 freshman running back , 1 red shirt freshman running back , and a sophomore tight end.... and if ALABAMA wins and if no one get's hurt ......NOTRE DAME will see the same ...... affraid
The good thing about red shirt freshmen is they've been in the system for two years.
I feel your pain Oregon had major injuries to the DL vs USC and Cal they were playing two true freshman, a back-up TE and pulled the red shirt off another freshman. As Coach Kelly says “next man up”.
Good luck this weekend, beat UGA, ROLL TIDE!!
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 pm

lstjr wrote:
upchitcreek wrote:
lstjr wrote:

As I recall and correct me if I'm wrong but Bama didn't play in the SECCCG last year, should they have turned down the invite to the BCSCG? I'm not saying they weren’t one of the best two teams but they didn't play in their CCG.

Your right , and IMO no they should not have played in the NCG.They should NOT have gotten the invite ! Not saying i'm not gald they got the shot at it though.... Very Happy
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:34 pm

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 pm

I hope the lil guy get's a big slice of the pie .......win or lose..... more than likely lose but the PAY is great for their program!

I forget what the Sugar Bowl payout is ....like $30,000,000.00....????
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Sorry ....this years payout is $17,000,000.00 per team
this link also shows the bowl payouts per team per bowl.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 pm

upchitcreek wrote:

I hope the lil guy get's a big slice of the pie .......win or lose..... more than likely lose but the PAY is great for their program!

If it keeps ChOklahoma out of a BCS game all I got to say is GO GOLDEN FLASHES!! Laughing
lstjr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm

upchitcreek wrote:Sorry ....this years payout is $17,000,000.00 per team
this link also shows the bowl payouts per team per bowl.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html
Just came across this, you beat me to it !! Very Happy

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm

lstjr wrote:
upchitcreek wrote:

If it keeps ChOklahoma out of a BCS game all I got to say is GO GOLDEN FLASHES!! Laughing

Twisted Evil lol!
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:32 pm

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Josilv5 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Went 7 and 10 with my college picks and only 8 and 8 with my NFL picks affraid

Conference Championship Games this Saturday cheers ...... Best one on the board is the S.E.C. Championship. #2 Alabama/ #3 Georgia....... Hey Chit I am still picking Alabama to win and play Notre Dame for the National Championship but the BULLDOGS have me worried. Losing starting WR Kenny Bell to that broken leg really puts a snag into the passing game of A.J. Macarron and the BAMA offense. Georgia has one HELL of a defense and could be bringing the house all day long affraid Question Suspect
Josilv5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 am

nuttin2lose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 am

Josilv5 wrote:Went 7 and 10 with my college picks and only 8 and 8 with my NFL picks affraid

Conference Championship Games this Saturday cheers ...... Best one on the board is the S.E.C. Championship. #2 Alabama/ #3 Georgia....... Hey Chit I am still picking Alabama to win and play Notre Dame for the National Championship but the BULLDOGS have me worried. Losing starting WR Kenny Bell to that broken leg really puts a snag into the passing game of A.J. Macarron and the BAMA offense. Georgia has one HELL of a defense and could be bringing the house all day long affraid Question Suspect

OH i agree bud, but i will say this BAMA has depth there and the guy replacing BELL is no push over by any means . Now if COOPER goes down we got real trouble at wide-out.......but don't forget GEORGIA has got to stop the run and the quick passes to the tight-end as well. But i'm like you ( WORRIED )......I think ALABAMA wins by 3 to 6 points even with all the injuries!
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:Big LEAST adds Tulane and East Carolina

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/21160906/big-east-adding-tulane-but-working-toward-bigger-fish----byu

UCONN HAS to get out of there !! affraid Twisted Evil
Looks like Louisville is in, and UCONN is out. Suspect Sad

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21166984/

OH man they are kicking the CONN.......Looks like they want LOUISVILLE in or no one else gets in ...... Suspect
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnut on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Congrats to Bill O'Brien B1G Ten Coach of the Year! Says he's goig to stay, hope so! Has the top pocket passer QB and top Tightend very committed in next years recruiting class! These 2 are actually helping O'Brien recruit! Really need Bill to stay! Fingers crossed! We Are...
http://triblive.com/sports/3035069-85/state-penn-brien-coach-ten-led-players-season-coaching-job#axzz2DXB0uodp
sportsnut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Wonder if he takes this .......thats a lot of money ...... Suspect

Report: Arkansas courts Les Miles

Arkansas has made a head-coaching offer to LSU's Les Miles, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports, citing a source.

The Razorbacks offered five years, $27.5 million, according to the paper.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8684939/arkansas-razorbacks-make-offer-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-according-report
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Mark Stoops hired by Kentucky

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky has hired Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops as the Wildcats' football coach.

Stoops replaces Joker Phillips, who was fired on Nov. 4. Phillips went 13-24 in three seasons at Kentucky and the Wildcats were 0-8 in the Southeastern Conference this year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8683310/mark-stoops-florida-state-seminoles-defensive-coordinator-hired-head-coach-kentucky-wildcats
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by upchitcreek on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 pm

sportsnut wrote:Congrats to Bill O'Brien B1G Ten Coach of the Year! Says he's goig to stay, hope so! Has the top pocket passer QB and top Tightend very committed in next years recruiting class! These 2 are actually helping O'Brien recruit! Really need Bill to stay! Fingers crossed! We Are...
http://triblive.com/sports/3035069-85/state-penn-brien-coach-ten-led-players-season-coaching-job#axzz2DXB0uodp

Very Happy cheers
upchitcreek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top